For a friend in the US, I printed a holder for a set of Euro coins. It came out pretty well. I didn't include any fudge factor for the holes, but with my perimeter adjustment set to 65%, it was so close that applying a rubber mallet was enough to get the coins in.
|Perfectly fitting holes|
|I painted the legends with a silver Sharpie, the only pen I found that would stick properly. I like how the €2 coin seems to glow from within.|
I'm also printing more fan mounts for my project of adding some air movement around our radiators. I've lasercut enough boards for it that I can start running tests soon. I wish I had some more temperature loggers, but I haven't been able to find any below about €50. Since I want to have several of them around for various purposes, I don't want them that expensive. It's not like the hardware is costly.
I've upgraded to Slic3r PE, which is under a lot more development than regular Slic3r. Also, it includes an interesting feature: You can adjust the layer height before slicing. Not only does this allow for slightly faster printing on simple verticals, it can also make slight inclines look nicer.